Rotel RMB-1555 Multi-Channel Amplifier (Black)
Enquire About This Product
Description of the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier:
- With only slightly less power than its big brother, the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier retains a very robust power supply to deliver 5 x 120 Watts per channel to medium and large home theaters. Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier provides a solid 120 watts to each of five speakers in a home theater system, such as your left/center/right channels up front plus a pair of surrounds.
- This amp has a custom-designed toroidal transformer inside, regulated by high-quality, British-made capacitors. It's not just raw power for volume — it also offers precise control over the stop/start motion of the drivers, for a dynamic, accurate listening experience.
- Rotel engineered this amplifier to deliver nuanced sound in a multi-channel surround sound system controlled by a matching Rotel preamp/processor. There are unbalanced RCA inputs on the rear panel for each channel, plus 5-way binding posts for connecting each speaker. Rack mounting ears are included.
- Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks.
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier is a 120 watt per channel Class A/B multi-channel power amplifier that has been engineered to give five channels of powerful and robust sound while also offering the type of clarity and detail necessary to get the most out of even the most complex music or movie soundtrack.
- It has been engineered to provide high-resolution audio performance, yet it is also very affordable, as has been the tradition with Rotel electronics for over 50 years. As well-received as Rotel’s CD players have been over the decades, the company’s power amplifiers have perhaps been even more admired and critically acclaimed.
- That’s due to Rotel’s insistence that “less is more” and proof that the company’s renowned Balanced Design Concept, which emphasizes simplicity and precise execution of proven engineering principles, honours its commitment to accurate and enjoyable musical reproduction.
- Now this same attention to detail – and the same vitality in sonic reproduction – is available for multichannel music aficionados as well as videophiles searching for the best in movie soundtrack recreation.
- Case in point: the remarkable Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier. Whether used in a powerhouse home theatre system, as a distribution amplifier for several independent zones in your home or as the foundation of a remarkably flexible multichannel music system, the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier fulfills the promise of Rotel’s heritage.
- Although offering slightly less muscle than its big brother, the RM-1585, the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier is a remarkable multichannel amplifier with power output conservatively rated at 120 Watts per channel into 8 ohms – all channels driven!
- With all but the most demanding speakers located in extraordinarily large rooms, the RMB-1555 exerts the kind of precise control that presents both nuance and bombast correctly from the faintest flute overtones to the subterranean rumble of an approaching apocalypse.
- Its capability comes from a remarkably stable power supply based on a Rotel-designed and Rotel-built toroidal transformer that provide precise voltages at high current to subsequent circuit stages. In addition, the toroid shape itself reduces stray emissions that might otherwise interfere with signal transfer.
- Other internal components are of equally high calibre. They’re sourced from Rotel’s global supply network only after detailed examination and exhaustive listening tests that separate “good enough” from the truly superlative.
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier uses only discrete output transistors with their higher thermal stability and freedom from the designed-in compromises that characterize their integrated circuit cousins.
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier configuration assures the best balance between power output and thermal efficiency. Heavy duty speaker terminals complement the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier 12-volt remote control trigger, single-ended RCA inputs, and detachable IEC-type AC cord.
- Truly an amplifier for all uses, the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier combines superb execution with maximum reliability to demonstrate Rotel’s long devotion to satisfying consumer needs.
Powerful, High-Current Output:
- An oversized factory-built toroidal transformer and high efficiency capacitors drive an array of high current output transistors ensuring fast transient timing, accurate detail and controlled consistency across the frequency range. Maintaining crucial timing and energy while delivering effortless power is a signature trait of this amplifier.
- The power supply uses special “slit foil” capacitors to provide completely stable power to the output stage. Slit foil capacitors have the ability to charge and discharge extremely quickly, thereby assuring signal fidelity during orchestral crescendos or repetitive kick-drum impacts, for example.
- Critical evaluation of the circuit design and meticulous selection of each acoustic audio components ensures accuracy, power and efficiency all coupled with an unsurpassed build quality ensuring this amplifier proudly wears the Rotel name.
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier features thermal and over-current protection circuits that protect against potential damage in the event of extreme or faulty operating conditions. Unlike many designs, these protection circuits are independent of the audio signal and have no impact on sonic performance.
- Instead, the protection circuits monitor the temperature of the output devices and the current they are handling and shut down the amplifier if operating conditions exceed safe limits. Most likely, you will never see this protection circuitry in action. However, should a faulty condition arise, the amplifier will stop playing and the LED indicator on the front panel will light up.
Built-in Cooling Fans:
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier is equipped with dual cooling fans to help ventilate the internal components. The rear panel includes a three-position fan speed selection switch including Fan Off, Fan Low Speed and Fan High Speed. Please select the fan speed that best suits the installation and cooling requirements, considering that the higher fan speed will provide more cooling.
Trigger On/Off Mode Selector:
- The Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier provides the option for manual or automatic power on/off operation. These modes are selectable using a toggle switch on the back panel. With the switch in the +12V Trigger On position, the amplifier is turned on automatically when a 12V trigger signal is present at the 3.5mm Trigger In jack on the rear panel.
- The amplifier will go into standby mode if the +12V signal is not present. The front panel Power Switch overrides this function and it must be on for the +12V trigger to work. Turning the switch off cuts power to the amplifier, regardless of whether or not a trigger signal is present.
Specifications of the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi Amplifier:
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 431 × 188 × 454mm
- Front Panel Height: 4U / 176.8mm (7")
- Power Requirments: 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 650W
- Standby Power consumption: 0.5W
- Net Weight: 21.8kg
- BTU Rating (4Ω, 1/8th power): 1683 BTU/h
- Continuous Power Output: 120W/Ch (All channels driven, 8Ω)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: (20Hz–20kHz) <0.03%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 100kHz +0.5, -3dB
- S/N Ratio: 116dB
- Gain: 26.5dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.03%
- Damping Factor: 180
- Speaker Impedance: 4Ω minimum
- Input Sensitivity: 1.5V
- Input Impedance: 12kΩ
Do you love the Rotel RMB-1555 Multi-Channel Amplifier? See more Rotel products here: https://www.soundxshop.co.za/product-category/shop-by-brand/rotel/
SOUND X PERIENCE SANDTON
Parking Level 3, 183 Rivonia Road, Morningside, Sandton
SOUND X PERIENCE KEMPTON PARK
149 Monument Road, Aston Manor, Kempton Park
SOUND X PERIENCE VEREENIGING
Inside Sedgars, 2 Leeuwenhoek St, Duncanville, Vereeniging, 1939