Get The Best Deal On This Premium Product – Contact Us
Description of the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker:
The Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker is a serious audiophile speaker capable of producing remarkable resolution, from the most intricate musical scores to the loudest rock concert, with superlative ease.
High output and effortless dynamics make the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker an ideal choice for medium to large rooms in two-channel stereo or multi-channel applications.
Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker features a massively powerful 8-inch C-CAM RST bass/mid driver rigidly fixed into a relatively compact two-way cabinet in a configuration that while relatively traditional by modern standards has a lot to offer.
There is no real substitute for big drivers and their relative ease of moving air efficiently.
Thus, they can deliver incredible dynamic headroom and bass extension, a feature normally reserved for floorstanding speakers.
A two-way, ported design, the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker relies on a new, 25 mm C-CAM tweeter made from the brand’s proprietary Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium, and featuring a vented Neo magnet system, to create the cleanest possible highs.
The HF unit is coupled with a specially-designed 8-inch bass/mid driver featuring a concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for incredible levels of damping and improved mid-range clarity. You’ll certainly hear the difference with Silver.
The Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker is the larger of two standmounts in the Silver 6G Range. As the numeric suggests, this is the sixth iteration of the Silver Series of speakers – a range that dates back to the nineties.
Back then, it was a simple enough business. You had Bronze, Silver and Gold to choose from and that was your lot.
These days, Monitor Audio has another complete range of speakers in the form of the Platinum range as well as whole series of custom install and lifestyle speakers.
In all of this, the role of the Silver Series hasn’t changed radically. It represents a step up from the entry level Bronze models and allows Monitor Audio to implement more of the technologies and thinking that makes for their ideal speaker.
This is subtly different from a number of rivals like the KEF Q Series which now represents the entry point for the brand. Another subtle difference is that the Silver 6G range is unusual in 2017 in that it includes two centre speakers and a dedicated surround design.
Partnered with the company’s in ceiling models, this is one of the more affordable options for specialist multichannel.
Monitor Audio has been one of the most effective companies in the market at balancing the opposing challenges of updating their models on a fairly regular basis while ensuring that they continue to look like Monitor Audio designs.
The Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker is very clearly an evolution of the preceding Silver 2 which in turn managed to have visual ties to the model before.
It’s a little thing but it tends to create a degree of brand loyalty and give people some sense of continuity.
No less significant in the specific cast of the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker is that considering the presence of an eight inch driver Monitor Audio has done a fine job of keeping the overall dimensions of the Silver 100 in line with what you might expect.
At 37cm tall, it roughly matches its rivals and while it is fractionally wider at 23cm, little visual tricks like letting the driver extend almost to the edge of the cabinet are useful at keeping the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker looking like a ‘normal’ bookshelf.
Just as importantly, it will work on the same stands as anything else you might be looking at.
Technology of the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker:
- Unique RST Cone profile for best diaphragm rigidity and lowest distortion
- Proprietary-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increase the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast-polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology ensures linear transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilizing scientifically optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology provides increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Selected premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.
Specifications of the Monitor Audio SS100 Bookshelf Speaker:
|MINIMUM IMPEDANCE||4.5 ohms @ 167 Hz|
|BASS ALIGNMENT||Bass reflex. HiVe II port system|
|EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS (INCLUDING GRILLE AND TERMINALS)||375 x 230 x 329 mm|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE (-6DB)||40 Hz - 35 kHz|
|MAXIMUM SPL||112 dbA (pair)|
|CROSSOVER FREQUENCY||2.8 kHz|
|SENSITIVITY (1W@1M)||88 dB|
|POWER HANDLING||120 W|
|DRIVE UNIT COMPLEMENT||1 x 8" RST bass/mid driver
25mm Gold Dome C-Cam tweeter
|WEIGHT (EACH)||9.3 kg|
|NOMINAL IMPEDANCE||8 ohms|
|RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER REQUIREMENTS||40 - 120 W|
For more Monitor Audio products visit their website: https://www.monitoraudio.com/
Visit our website for more Monitor Audio products at the best prices: https://www.soundxshop.co.za/product-category/shop-by-brand/shop-by-brand-monitor-audio/