JVC DLA-Z1 4K Laser Projector
This item ships within 3 – 5 working days
(As much as we strive to quicker than 3 – 5 working days, please allow for potential delays during busier times – this will be communicated once your order is processed)
Sale Ends In
Enquire About This Product
- Free Nation-Wide Delivery When You Spend R2000 Or More.
- 100% Satisfaction On Exchanges Or Returns.
- Money-Back Guarantee On Products Returned Within 7 Days.
- 5-Year Warranty On Home Theatre Speakers.
- 2-Year Warranty On Receivers & Wireless Speakers
Description of the JVC DLA-Z1 4K Laser Projector:
JVC's flagship 4K projector DLA-Z1 features original cutting-edge technologies for high-quality, high-definition images to realise the full potential of 4K. It also supports next-gen technologies such as HDR (high dynamic range) content and video at 4K resolution.
Beautiful picture quality with a powerful lifelike sense of realism can be enjoyed for all types of video content, from movies to sports, music and documentaries, even 3D. Wrapped in a stylish physical design that features simple lines to emphasise functionality and symmetrical design to focus around the centrally positioned high-resolution lens, the weight and form of the projector befit a flagship 4K model.
The Newly developed 17.53mm native 4K D-ILA device:
The newly developed D-ILA device, with a pixel pitch of 3.8 μm, occupies an area that is 31% smaller compared to previous devices*2. The native 4K device for projection is the smallest in the world at 0.69”, and allows the projector to achieve a high-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 × 2160 pixels).
Furthermore, vertical orientation and planarization technologies reduce defects such as light scattering and diffraction, enhancing contrast. The result is a smooth, high-definition image free of visible pixelation, even when projecting on large screens.
High brightness level and long life with the BLU-Escent laser light source:
The projector’s light source is based on JVC’s proprietary BLU-Escent laser projection technology, which uses blue laser diodes to offer both a brightness level of 3,000 lm and 20,000 hours of operational life. Improvements in brightness allow for a beautiful image on large screens.
Moreover, the massive increase in peak brightness, when projecting HDR and dynamic control of laser output according to the brightness of the image, work together to create a contrast ratio of ∞:1, creating a stunning home theatre experience that expresses a greater range than ever before.
Support for the next-generation high-image-quality technology, HDR (high dynamic range):
HDR (high dynamic range) content, such as that available on UHD Blu-ray Discs, offers an extended brightness range, 10-bit gradation and a wide BT.2020 colour gamut. With its high contrast ratio, 80% BT.2020 coverage, dynamic light source control, and a peak brightness of 3,000 lm, the projector offers optimal reproduction of HDR content.
Moreover, in addition to HDR picture modes that are easy to set up when viewing HDR content, the projector also offers support for Hybrid Log-Gamma, a new technology that is expected to be used widely in future broadcasting.
The latest 4K-capable, high-resolution lens:
In conjunction with the new 4K D-ILA device, a new 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with a full aluminium lens barrel was also designed. A new 100 mm diameter lens is used to project 4K-resolution images to every corner of the screen.
This compares to the 65 mm diameter used in other projectors*1.
The new lens offers an expanded lens shift of ±100% vertically and ±43% horizontally*2. In addition, by adopting five ED lenses that take into account differences in R/G/B refractive index, the projector is able to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing to deliver a precise reproduction of 4K-resolution images.
Reproduction of vivid images through a wide range of colours in th JVC DLA-Z1 4K Laser Projector:
Through use of its laser light source and a new cinema filter, the projector achieves 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 display range used in film production. The unit furthermore achieves a minimum 80% coverage of the BT.2020 colour range, used for UHD Blu-ray Discs and 4K and 8K broadcasting.
These technologies allow for more accurate reproduction of the natural gradations in images of the sky and the sea, which has presented difficulties in the past. Also improved are differences in the colour contrast between subjects such as flowers of a deep crimson or rose colour, or the different shades of green on tree leaves.
- Original 0.69" native 4K D-ILA device (4096 x 2160)
- BLU-Escent laser diode light source
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100 mm diameter lens system with full aluminium lens barrel
- Brightness of 3,000 lm
- Dynamic contrast: Infinity:1
- 4K signal input (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit)
- Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Connectors: HDMI x 2 (3D, Deep Colour/HDCP 2.2/18 Gbps), RS-232C (D-sub 9pin) x 1, LAN (RJ-45) x 1, Trigger x 1 (Mini jack, DC12 V/100 mA), 3D Sync x 1 (3-pin mini-DIN), Service (USB Type-A)
- Newly developed 0.69" native 4K D-ILA device – world's smallest 4K device for use as home theatre projectors (as of Oct. 2016)
- High-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 x 2160)
- Vertical orientation and planarization technologies of the device reduce light scattering and diffraction to enhance contrast.
- BLU-Escent laser light source uses blue laser diodes to offer high brightness level and long life
- New optical engine optimised for 4K with F2.6 that uses light much more efficiently
- Exceptional brightness of 3,000 lm achieved with the BLU-Escent laser light source and optimised optical engine
- Contrast ratio of infinity:1 achieved with the massive increase in peak brightness
- New lens system incorporating 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100 mm diameter lens and five ED lenses reduces chromatic aberration and colour fringing
- Support for HDR content with extended brightness range with the projector's high contrast ratio, 80% BT.2020 coverage, dynamic light source control and a peak brightness of 3,000 lm
- Support for Hybrid Log-Gamma, which is expected to be used in future broadcasting
- Multiple Pixel Control technology offers more realistic presentation of images with greater sense of clarity and softness of focus to backgrounds
- Upscaling of Full HD video to 4K
- Smooth and detailed reproduction of fast-moving images such as sports and action movies achieved with two video processing technologies – the blur-reducing Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with signals up to 4K60p (4:4:4), and Motion Enhance, which minimises motion blurring by optimizing the D-ILA driver
- THX 4K Display Certification to ensure the precise reproduction of picture quality in both 2K and 4K resolution, just as the original filmmaker envisioned.
- Complies with the latest HDMI/HDCP 2.2 standard to enable full spec 4K signal input up to 4K60P 4:4:4
- 4K signal input (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit at 18 Gbps bandwidth)
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode* to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor** is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space and colour tracking
- *Professional calibration to desired screen is performed by trained dealers **Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details.
Specifications of the JVC DLA-Z1 4K Projector:
|Projection Chip Size:||17.53mm|
|Number of Projection Chips:||3|
|Native Resolution:||4096 by 2160 Pixels|
|Max Resolution:||4096 by 2160 Pixels|
|Polarise Light Output:||Yes S/S/S|
|Light Source Technology:||Laser/Phosphor|
|Type of Light Source:||Blue-Escent laser hybrid|
|Number of Light Sources:||1 unit|
|Expecting lifetime regular mode:||20000 Hours|
|Phosphor Plate Static:||Yes|
Light and Contrast:
|Typical Brightness:||3000 ANSI Lumens|
|Aperture:||-15 to 0 Adjusment|
|Dynamic Light Power Control:||Yes|
|Manual Light Power Control:||Low/Mid/High|
|Colour Bit Depth:||12-bit Input, 12-bit Display and Signal Processing|
|Colour Space:||REC709/100% DCI-P3 80% BT.2020|
|Model Name:||JVC Regular Lens|
|Zoom Electrical or Mechanical:||Electrical Zoom|
|Focus Electrical or Mechanical:||Electrical Focus|
|Lens Ratio Factor:||1.4:1 to 2.8:1|
|For Lens Type A:||JVC Regular Lens below data for 16:9 Format|
|A) Throw Ratio:||1.4:1 to 2.8:1|
|A) Lens Vertical Shift:||+ or - 100%|
|A)Lens Horizontal Shift:||+ or - 43%|
|A)Projection distance Wide to End:||1.75m to 8.48m|
|A)Projection distance Tele to End:||3.61m to 17.14m|
|A)Screen Size in inch Diagonal:||60 inch to 280 inch|
|Lens Memory Function:||Yes|
|Lens Aperture:||16 Steps|
|Focus /Zoom Adjustment on the Internal|
|Focus/Zoom Adjustment on User Signal:||Yes|
|Picture Mode Presets:||Normal/Cinema/HDR/Movie/THX/6 User Modes|
|Colour Temperature:||Xenon 1/Xenon 2/5500K/6500K/7500K9300K/2 User Modes/HDR/High Bright|
|Gamma Adjust:||Film 1/Film 2/2.2/2.4/2.6/Cinema 1/Cinema 2/HDR ST2084/HDR Hybrid Log/THX/3 User modes|
|Gamma Processing Depth:||12 Bit|
|Manual Gamma Settings:||Yes|
|MPC Level:||Graphics Mode/Enhance/Smoothing/NR|
|HDR Gamma:||ST2084/Hybrid Log|
|HDR Picture Mode:||HDR/BT2020/BT 709/DCI|
|Colour Management:||6-Axis Adjustable CMS|
|Clear Motion Drive:||Off/Low/High/Inverse Telecine|
|Picture Tone:||Colour Selection/All over Brightness/Dark and Bright Level|
|Clear Black:||Off/Mode 1/Mode 2|
|Pixel Adjustment Whole Screen:||Yes|
|Pixel Adjustment Zone Screen:||Yes|
|Anamorphic Mode:||A=2.35:1 B=16:9/Off|
|Digital Keystone:||+ or -16 and Pincushion(Adjustment can only be made in Keystone or Pincushion mode not both)|
|Gaming Mode (Low Latency):||Yes (Blur Reduction Modes On/Off)|
|Screen Mask:||Off/0 to 220 Pixels for four sides of the image|
|General Hide Mode:||Yes|
|Internal Test Patterns:||Yes|
|Standby Timer:||Off/1 Hour/2 Hour/3 Hours and 4 Hours|
|Projector System Status Screen:||Yes|
|Local Projector Control Buttons:||Yes|
|Menu Position Select:||Yes|
|Black/Blue Screen Select||Yes|
|Input Signal Capability:||HDMI2 Supports two EDID Modes A/B A under normal circumstances, Older hardware uses B.|
|3D Capability:||Yes, Active Stereo HD only|
|Video:2K(2048x1080)p24/25/30/50/60, 480p / 576p / 720p50/60 / 1080i50/60 /1080p24/25/30/50/60|
|HDMI Input Signal:||/30/50/60, 4K(3840x2160)p24/25/30/50/60, 4K(4096x2160)p24/25/30/50/60,|
|PC Sources: 640x480 up to 1920x1200|
|Input Level Adjustment:||Auto /Standard (16-235)/Enhanced (0-255)/Super White(16-255)|
|Frame Packing:||720p 60/50, 1080p24|
|Sideby-side:||720p 60/50, 1080 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50|
|Top and Bottom:||720p 60/50, 1080p24|
|HDMI:||Yes, x2 3D/Deep Colour/HDCP 2.2/18 Gbps|
|USB:||Type A for Service only|
|Trigger Terminals:||Yes 3.5mm mini Jack DC12V 0.1A Output|
|3D Synchro:||Yes, for Optional Synchro Emitter 3PIN mini DIN|
|RS-232C Terminal:||Yes, 9PIN sub D|
|LAN Terminal:||Yes RJ45|
|RS-232C Terminals:||Yes, For control|
|LAN Terminals:||Yes, Control and Services|
|IR Remote Receivers:||2 Front/Back|
|Selection of IR Codes:||2|
Power and Environment Spec's:
|Noise Level:||25dB in LD Low-Power Mode|
|Power Requirement:||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Networked Standby:||1.5W (LAN), 1.1W (RS232C), 1.4W (LAN and RS232C)|
|Switchover Time:||20min. (To Standby or Networked Standby; Default)|
|Operation Temperature in Celsius:||5°C to 35°C|
|Operation Humidity:||20% to 80%|
|Storage Temperature in Celsius:||-10°C to 60°C|
|Installation Height:||Below 2000m|
|Dimensions:||500mm (W) x 235mm (H) x 720mm (D)|
|High Altitude Mode:||Yes/On/Off should be set to On from above 900m|
|Motion Platform Usable:||No|
Included in Package:
|Cord B:||EU AC|
|Cord C:||GB AC|
|Battery Type:||x2 AAA Type|
If you love the JVC DLA-Z1 4K Projector? Shop for more JVC products here: https://www.soundxshop.co.za/product-category/shop-by-brand/?swoof=1&woof_text=JVC&paged=1&really_curr_tax=26-product_cat